Engage in a one-month journey working on the most important design project of all –
The Designing Your Life (DYL) Digital Journey
An innovative digital workshop series to learn and practice ideas and tools contained in the NYT bestselling Designing Your Life, How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life in a supportive and engaged community.
Many of us experience life transitions — planned and unplanned, periods of feeling stuck, and changes within ourselves, our relationships, and our communities.
Designing Your Life (DYL) provides an opportunity to learn the skill of life design© — a hands-on approach to applying the creative, iterative, human-centered design process to crafting a life we love. Based on the work of Stanford Professors Bill Burnett and Dave Evans, Designing Your Life (DYL) demonstrates how design thinking can help us create a life in which we can flourish.
Workshop schedule (live workshops, via Zoom):
- Friday, April 8, 1 – 5 pm ET
- Friday, April 22, 1- 5 pm ET
- Friday, May 13, 1 – 5 pm ET
- Bonus Workshop: Friday, June 3, 3 – 5 pm ET
- $799 early-registration rate
- $950 regular registration
- Some partial scholarships are available. Please reach out to Catherine Dalipe about partial scholarships: email@example.com
Learn and apply Life Design skills through highly interactive virtual workshops where we will:
- Explore the social and personal narratives that shape us
- Work together to identify and reframe dysfunctional beliefs
- Heighten a mindful awareness of where you are now
- Use design tools for balance and energy and improvements
- Frame and reframe problems or areas where you’ve been stuck and engage in radical collaboration and ideation for new solutions.
- Dig into design tools to increase your creativity and confidence.
- Use breakout discussions to share and collaborate
- Design three possible future paths – Odyssey Plans – for your life
- Learn how to prototype (or do small experiments to learn more) the parts of these lives that are most compelling you
- Hone your decision-making process, tuning into the wisdom of multiple ways of knowing.
- Plan prototype conversations to enlist the support you need for your life design.
- Use design tools to action plan for real change.
Between virtual workshops, the DYL app will provide opportunities for daily engagement (recommended 20 minutes per day) with additional materials, tools, and prompts for reflection.
Would you like to be notified of future offerings? Please join our mailing list.