Please join our email list for updates on future offerings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designing Your Life (DYL) is a hands-on workshop that helps you learn and use the Life Design© method, popularized by the New York Times bestseller Designing Your Life, How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life.
Workshops were designed by the DYL Group and include custom workbooks, materials, exercises and radical collaboration with other participants needed to get ideas and make progress.
Fieldbrook Advising is pleased to have three Certified DYL Facilitators, now offering workshops to the public.
We offer workshops in the following formats:
DYL One-Day Intensives — One full day focused on life design, customizing the methodology for your life, and support through radical collaboration!
DYL 1.5 Day Workshops — More life design modules, creativity and collaboration.
DYL Corporate Workshops (One full day, 1.5 days, or a custom length). These workshops are designed to focus life design methodology on enhanced employee engagement, career development, and wellness & balance.
Why participate in a
DYL Intensive or Retreat?
During the DYL experience, we build and engage a supportive community to:
- Explore the social narrative and challenge dysfunctional beliefs that get in the way of thriving.
- Define what work and life mean to you and how they can be integrated to increase flourishing.
- Explore your past roles and consider what you need to be challenged and fulfilled.
- Design the balance and energy you need to fuel your life.
- Frame and reframe problems or areas where you’ve been stuck, and engage in “radical collaboration” and ideation for new solutions.
- Envision three potential future lives and learn how to prototype the parts of these lives that are most compelling to you.
- Hone your decision-making process, tuning into the wisdom of multiple ways of knowing.
- Increase your mindful awareness of where you are in the life design process through short meditations.
- Action plan for real change, including a 30-day post-workshop checkpoint with the instructors.
- Reframe networking and make the connections needed to make progress on your action plan.
What past participants say:
“I gained insight that will make a positive difference in my life. I’m inspired to do work I’m meant to do.”
“It is amazing to use the design thinking methodology and apply it to my own life. The outcome is surprising and feels deeply true for me.”
“This was the best, most energizing training I have ever attended.”
Why offer a custom
DYL workshop for your business or organization?
Companies are changing the experience of their employees:
- Increase Engagement: Surveys show that life design can increase employee empowerment and ownership for their career and engagement at work.
- Promote Innovative Career Development: Help employees own their careers using the Life Design© method, popularized by the New York Times bestseller Designing Your Life, How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life. Give them the tools to have career conversations with key people at work.
- Increase Employee Wellness & Balance: Use design tools and mindsets to improve balance, energy, job fit and flourishing.
Choose tools and build a program to help your employees:
- Explore the social and company narrative and challenge dysfunctional beliefs that get in the way of thriving at work.
- Define the meaning of their work and life and how they can integrate them to increase flourishing.
- Design the balance and energy needed to fuel their lives and work.
- Frame and reframe problems or areas where they’ve been stuck, and engage in “radical collaboration” and ideation for new solutions.
- Envision three potential future lives and learn how to prototype the parts of these lives that are most compelling to them, at work and beyond.
- Use design tools to hone their understanding of their relationship to change and impact and choose roles that work for them and the company.
- Action plan for real change.
- Reframe networking and make the connections needed to develop professionally.
- …. and other focus areas for your company or organization.
What past participants say:
“One of the most valuable professional development opportunities I’ve ever had. The energy mapping tool was life changing.”
“My colleagues came up with ways for me to prototype my way into a new role – and it worked!”
“This is the first time I have really felt like the company actually cares about me as a person and my professional growth.”
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Heather Shaughnessy-Cato: email@example.com
Joan Cheverie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Build a new way forward.
© DYL Group. All rights reserved.